Rat Bait Toxicity
Rat baits are commonly used to control rodent populations, but they pose a significant risk to our pets. Rat bait toxicity occurs when pets accidentally ingest or come into contact with these toxic substances. The active ingredients in rat baits, such as anticoagulants, can interfere with the blood's clotting ability, leading to internal bleeding and other serious health complications. It's crucial to recognise the signs of rat bait poisoning, which may include lethargy, weakness, pale gums, coughing, vomiting, or blood in the stool or urine. If you suspect your pet has ingested rat bait, seek immediate veterinary attention. Prompt treatment can make a significant difference in their recovery. To prevent such incidents, keep rat baits securely stored in inaccessible areas and consider alternative rodent control methods that are safe for your pets. Your pet's safety is our priority, and we're here to help if you have any concerns or questions regarding rat bait toxicity.