If you believe your pet requires emergency care, it is best to take them straight to your nearest vet. Snake bites, abrupt injuries or trauma are situations requiring emergency care. Medical signs of an emergency are numerous and sometimes vague. If you notice difficulty breathing, uncontrollable shaking/seizures, pale gums, pronounced weakness/lethargy or if they have eaten something that could get caught or cause poisoning, these should be considered serious.
If you are concerned, it is best to have them seen and assessed.
If your pet has eaten something, and you are concerned about poisoning, you can contact the Animal Poisons Helpline on 1300 TOX PET to speak with a toxicology professional.
If you prefer to speak with a veterinary professional for advice, please call us on (02) 6113 9996